Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.96Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by book-a-brac
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEat your way to good health - this is the cookbook for smart kids and healthy adults. Why will sardines make you smarter? How do I balance eating more tuna with the warnings about its mercury content? Why is tuna tinned in oil better than tuna tinned in brine? And what if I am a vegetarian? Omega 3 fatty acids are w ackwledged as the wonderfood of all wonderfoods. Found in oily fish such as mackerel and sardines, these essential fatty acids can help to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, maintain good vision and improve inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and eczema. Their anti-inflammatory action may also explain why deficiencies in omega 3 could also be related to mood and behavioural conditions such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, autism, ADHD and dyslexia. Omega 3 oils are also essential for a healthy brain and nervous system - a recent research study showed that children given fish oil supplements for three months showed a three-fold increase in their reading skills. In this book, Michael van Straten has created inventive recipes that will make eating more foods rich in fatty acids a real joy (most people manage less than half the daily recommended intake). They include Louisiana-style mackerel, spring onion and anchovy tart and an asparagus, purslane and egg salad. There are ideas for healthy breakfasts and some great treats for dessert. As well as recipes based on oily fish, there are meals including lesser-kwn sources such as flax seeds, peanut butter, organic milk and many other foods the kids will love. This is a must-have cookbook for all the family.
- Author BiographyFrom Superfood expert Michael van Straten is a passionate advocate of the beneficial effect superfoods can have on the mind as well as the body. A renowned naturopath and nutritional consultant, he was named Health Journalist of the Year in 2004 and has written more than 40 books, including the best-seller Superjuice and The Little Black Dress Diet. Michael's popular Bodytalk ran on London's LBC radio for 30 years. He can be heard regularly on Classic Gold, Talk Sport and BBC Radio 2, is a popular guest on television and radio shows and writes for Woman magazine, The Sunday Times, Daily Mail, the Express, Fresh, Chat, Best and OK.
- Author(s)Michael Van Straten
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKyle Cathie
- Out-of-print date08/10/2009
- Content Note80 colour photos
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.