Omics: Applications in Biomedical, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $185.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $214.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advent of new techlogies and acquired kwledge, the number of fields in omics and their applications in diverse areas are rapidly increasing in the postgemics era. Such emerging fields-including pharmacogemics, toxicogemics, regulomics, spliceomics, metagemics, and enviromics-present budding solutions to combat global challenges in biomedicine, agriculture, and the environment. OMICS: Applications in Biomedical, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences provides valuable insights into the applications of modern omics techlogies to real-world problems in the life sciences. Filling a gap in the literature, it offers a broad, multidisciplinary view of current and emerging applications of omics in a single volume. Written by highly experienced active researchers, each chapter describes a particular area of omics and the associated techlogies and applications. Topics covered include: * Proteomics, epigemics, and pharmacogemics * Toxicogemics and the assessment of environmental pollutants * Applications of plant metabolomics * Nutrigemics and its therapeutic applications * Microalgal omics and omics approaches in biofuel production * Next-generation sequencing and omics techlogy for transgenic plant analysis * Omics approaches in crop improvement * Engineering dark-operative chlorophyll synthesis * Computational regulomics * Omics techniques for the analysis of RNA splicing * New fields, including metagemics, glycomics, and miRNA * Breast cancer biomarkers for early detection * Enviromics strategies for environmental sustainability This timely book explores a wide range of omics application areas in the biomedical, agricultural, and environmental sciences. Throughout, it highlights working solutions as well as open problems and future challenges. Demonstrating the diversity of omics, it introduces readers to state-of-the-art developments and trends in omics-driven research.
- Author BiographyDebmalya Barh is the founder and president of the Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB), India, a global platform for multidisciplinary research and advocacy. He is a consultant biotechnologist and has more than 12 years of rich experience in interdisciplinary omics fields. His research areas include integrative omics-based translational researches, target and targeted drug discovery, biomarkers, pharmacogenomics, neutrigenomics, cancer, neuroscience, cardiovascular diseases, infectious and metabolic diseases, and plant, animal, and environmental biotechnology. As an active scientist in the field, he works with nearly 200 researchers from more than 80 institutes across 25 countries. He has edited a number of research reference books in the areas of omics, biomarkers, and other advanced domains in biology. He also serves as an editorial and review board member for several professional international research journals of global repute. Vasudeo Zambare is a biochemist. He previously worked at Agharkar Research Institute, India, and the Center for Bioprocessing Research and Development at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, USA. His current research concentrates on the use of omics technologies in agriculture, functional food, and environmental sciences. He has published more than 150 peer-reviewed articles and is editor-in-chief, technical editor, associate editor, editorial board member, or advisory member of more than 80 international research journals. He is a fellow member of several international societies, including the Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB). Vasco Azevedo is a full professor in molecular biology and genetics at the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. He is a pioneer scientist in lactic acid bacteria and Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis and a well-known scientist in bacterial genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. His research also involves omics approaches in livestock and agricultural biotechnology in the development of new omics-based vaccines and diagnostics against infectious diseases. He has published 160 research articles and 15 book chapters. He is an associate editor of several journals, including Genetics and Molecular Research, Microbial Cell Factories, and The IIOAB Journal, and an editorial board member of a number of international journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2013
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 67 black & white tables
- Weight1451 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDebmalya Barh,Vasco Azevedo,Vasudeo Zambare
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.