All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis special collectors' edition features books 16 to 18 in one fabulous volume. In ASTERIX IN SWITZERLAND, a poisoning means Asterix and Obelix must go to Helvetia for an antidote. Can they overcome cuckoo hourglasses, yodelling and holes in the cheese? A housing estate lies at the heart of Caesar's new plan to crush the Gauls in THE MANSIONS OF THE GODS. Will the villagers be tempted by the chance to make money when the Roman tenants move in? In ASTERIX AND THE LAUREL WREATH, Chief Vitalstatistix wants a stew seasoned with Caesar's laurel wreath. Asterix and Obelix must fetch the wreath, but will their plan end in disaster or their own Roman triumph? There is better way to enjoy the antics of our indomitable hero and his friends.
- Author BiographyRene Goscinny was born in Paris in 1926, and spent most of his childhood in Argentina, before eventually moving to Paris in 1951. He died in 1977. Albert Uderzo was born in 1927 in a small village in Marne, France. He met Rene Goscinny in 1951 and on 29 October 1959 their most famous creation, Asterix, made his first appearance on page 20 of PILOTE. ASTERIX THE GAUL, their first album, was published in 1961 and there have now been 35 Asterix albums.
- Author(s)Rene Goscinny
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width218 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Albert Uderzo
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.