All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionHis explosive insider memoir Power Trip was hailed as the must-read of 2013, making The Thick of It look tame, and w Damian McBride is back with more razor-sharp observations taken from his widely acclaimed blog. The former spin-doctor, a pivotal but torious figure in the New Labour government, has since become one of the most sought-after commentators on all things political - and it's easy to see why. McBride's musings provide frank and fascinating accounts of the functions (or dysfunctions) of the political machine, and the peculiar machinations of its operators. Now, in Omnirambles, they are brought together for the first time in one collection. Delivered with the same -holds-barred acuity and inimitable wit present in his debut bestseller, McBride once again proves himself to be one of today's most controversial and incisive political voices.
- Author BiographyDamian McBride was born in North London in 1974, the youngest of four brothers. He was educated at Finchley Catholic High School and read history at Peterhouse, Cambridge. He joined HM Customs and Excise as a fast stream civil servant in 1996, and moved to the Treasury in 1999. In 2003, he became the Treasury's Head of Communications, reporting directly to Gordon Brown. After the 2005 election, he left the civil service to become the Chancellor's political adviser, a role he maintained when Brown became Prime Minister in 2007. He was sacked in April 2009 after emails from him emerged planning a smear campaign against senior Tory politicians.
- Author(s)Damian McBride
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.