All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn On Beauty, Susan Johnson explores the role of beauty in our lives, and in her life in particular: Sometimes I think my whole life has been one long search for beauty. I am Australian and as such I should be embarrassed to write a line like that, in a land where one must speak of beauty in whispers. She writes of where her search has taken her, how beauty enters the body like desire, and how beauty is thing less than life's call to order, life's bid to save it from itself.
- Author BiographySusan Johnson is an Australian journalist and novelist based in London. Her books include the novels Flying Lessons, A Big Life, The Broken Book and Life in Seven Mistakes, and the memoir A Better Woman.
- Author(s)Susan Johnson
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- Series TitleLittle Books on Big Themes
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight124 g
- Width179 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.