All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the eternal conflict of new ideas challenging old practices, Catholic scholar Barbara Fiand offers a poignant resource for seekers and faithful alike, determined to resolve their own struggles between the rational world and the spiritual one. Identifying numerous moments when old ways of viewing reality begin to crumble in light of new information, Fiand draws freely from the findings of physicists and philosophers to advance her argument that old religions can be remain current, and even better understood, when complemented with advances in science and techlogy. Encouraging her readers to trust science and embrace the wonders of new mysteries, the faithfully devout can find spiritual treasures far greater and more satisfying than settled doctrines alone can offer.
- Author BiographyBarbara Fiandteaches spirituality at the Institute of Pastoral Studies of Loyola University Chicago and is the author of books that include From Religion Back to Faith: AJourney of the Heart and In the Stillness You Will Know: Exploring the Paths of Our Ancient Belonging. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Author(s)Barbara Fiand
- PublisherCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.