All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis paperback edition of a popular story tells the tale of a young boy's delight in his alphabet, which starts where our alphabet ends. Carrying on beyond Z for zebra, it begins with the letter Yuzz, for Yuzz-a-ma-Tuzz, a huge hairy creature with big blues eyes. This is followed by Wum, Um, Humpf, Fuddle and Glikk - Glikk as in Glikker, who lives in wild weeds and spends his time juggling with cinnamon seeds. And so it goes on, full of wild imaginings and hilarious absurdities, helping to instill a love of words and spelling in all young children.
- Author BiographyTheodor Seuss Geisel - better known to millions of his fans as Dr. Seuss - was born the son of a park superintendent in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1904. After studying at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, and later at Oxford University in England, he became a magazine humorist and cartoonist, and an advertising man. He soon turned his many talents to writing children's books, and his first book - And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street - was published in 1937. His greatest claim to fame was the one and only The Cat in the Hat, published in 1957, the first of a hugely successful range of early learning books known as Beginner Books.
- Author(s)Dr. Seuss
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/11/2001
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPicture Lions
- Out-of-print date06/07/2005
- Content Note64 col illus, (4 colour)
- Weight127 g
- Width163 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Reading Age4-7
- Interest AgeFrom 4 To 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.