All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA passionate lifelong fan of the Sherlock Holmes adventures, Pulitzer Prize-winning critic Michael Dirda is a member of The Baker Street Irregulars--the most famous and romantic of all Sherlockian groups. Combining memoir and appreciation, On Conan Doyle is a highly engaging personal introduction to Holmes's creator, as well as a rare insider's account of the curiously delightful activities and playful scholarship of The Baker Street Irregulars. On Conan Doyle is a much-needed celebration of Arthur Conan Doyle's genius for every kind of storytelling.
- Author BiographyMichael Dirda is a Pulitzer Prize-winning critic and longtime book columnist for the Washington Post . He is the author of four collections of essays, Readings , Bound to Please , Book by Book , and Classics for Pleasure , as well as the memoir An Open Book . A lifelong Sherlock Holmes and Conan Doyle fan, he was inducted into The Baker Street Irregulars in 2002.
- PrizesCommended for Edgar Allan Poe Awards: Best Critical/Biographical 2012.
- Author(s)Michael Dirda
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWriters on Writers
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight28 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.