Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionON COURSE: STRATEGIES FOR CREATING SUCCESS IN COLLEGE AND IN LIFE, STUDY SKILLS, 2E, International Plus Edition was created for educators who would like to promote student growth and self-awareness, while providing more extensive instruction in study skills. Downing's powerful guided journal entries have been retained from the original ON COURSE, International Edition text to encourage students to explore essential life skills such as personal responsibility, self-motivation, interdependence, and self-esteem. The Study Skills Plus Edition engages students in a learner-centered construction of study skills kwledge, and gives students practice in applying empowerment strategies. The 2nd edition highlights the very process of learning how to solve academic challenges with improved study skills. Students engage in critical and creative problem solving that will enable them to achieve greater success in all parts of their lives. The 2nd edition also features expanded coverage of diversity, emphasizing the many ways in which people are different and how these differences often influence the choices they make. Other new topics include a discussion of academic integrity, how to thrive in the college culture, and a research-based section on the importance of developing a growth mindset. Plus, a new Antated Instructors Edition guides instructors to relevant exercises and materials in the ON COURSE FACILITATOR'S MANUAL.
- Author BiographySkip Downing is an international consultant in the field of faculty development and student success strategies. Dr. Downing has earned degrees from Princeton University, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Santa Monica, and Carnegie Mellon University. He holds advanced degrees in both English and counseling psychology. He was professor of English at Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) for 32 years. In addition to his role as an academic instructor, Dr. Downing created and coordinated BCCC's Student Success and Learning Community Programs. These programs teach students how to apply proven success strategies to achieve their full potential in college and in life. The College Success Program resulted in a significant increase in both student academic success and retention. Dr. Downing has made numerous presentations at national conferences and conducted faculty development workshops at many two- and four-year colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and the Virgin Islands. Dr. Downing's teaching, writing, and consulting are all guided by his belief that the greatest mission of any educational institution is to empower its students to live rich, fulfilling lives. Since 1996, he has facilitated the On Course Workshops, intensive four-day retreats for college educators focusing on proven strategies for helping students become active, responsible partners in their education and achieve greater success in college and in life.
- Author(s)Skip Downing
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementStudy Skills Plus Edition, International Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.