All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the kitchen, via the garden, I am often torn between theory and praxis, when surely the latter is all that matters here. Yet the largest bench, the one dividing the dining area from the kitchen itself, is never used for culinary preparation. It is this surface which many Australian kitchens, including mine, feel they need, the one piled with books and journals, tepaper and pens, the surface where we are reinventing ourselves, constructing a different, self-conscious culinary tradition. It is at this metaphorical bench that I think about food. With her trademark elegance and erudition, Gay Bilson embarks on a lively journey through cooking, recipes and home, considering food developments both digestible and t; on chefs domestic and professional; on the substance of everyday life. An unmissable treat from the bestselling author of Plenty. MUP's Little Books on Big Themes series pairs leading Australian thinkers and cultural figures with some of the big themes in life.
- Author BiographyGay Bilson was a restauranteur and cook for 25 years in Sydney. She has been writing about food and the culture of food for many years. Her first book, Plenty- Digressions on Food, won The 2005 Age Book of the Year Award and the 2005 Kibble Literary Award for Women Writers. Bilson now lives in the McLaren Vale district where she writes, gardens and cooks for friends.
- Author(s)Gay Bilson
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Series TitleLittle Books on Big Themes
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight135 g
- Width118 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.