Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together philosophical essays on emotions by eleven leading thinkers in the field. The essays cover a variety of topics that relate emotions to humor, opera, theater, justice, war, death, our intellectual life, authenticity, personal identity, self-kwledge, and science. Several break new ground in the field. Others extend and deepen work for which their authors are well-kwn. All but two of the essays are new. Contributors include Noel Carroll, Martha Nussbaum, Paul Woodruff, Laurence Thomas, Kathleen Higgins, Michael Stocker, Nancy Sherman, Jerome Neu, Charles Nussbaum, and Robert Roberts. The book hors the memory of Robert C. Solomon, whose influential work in the philosophy of emotions helped mold the field for over three decades. An introductory essay explains the development and importance of Solomon's thought in this field.
- Author BiographyJohn Deigh is Professor of Philosophy and of Law at the University of Texas at Austin.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight382 g
- Width159 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn Deigh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.