All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBesides constituting a fundamental milestone in contemporary Western thought, Sigmund Freud's monumental corpus of work laid the theoretical-technical foundations on which psychoanalysts based the construction and development of the comprehensive edifice in which they abide today. This edifice, so varied in tones, so heterogeneous, even contradictory at times, has stood strong because of these foundations. Indeed, this book attempts to show, through its various chapters written by psychoanalysts from different parts of the world and sustaining varied paradigms, this enriching heterogeneity coupled with the invisible thread which strings together the diversity lent to it by its Freudian foundations. One of the characteristics of the Freudian opus highlighted in this context is the fact that when we are able to study it in perspective, it is possible to glimpse a path of incessant improvement, where ideas and concepts are constantly reformulated and become more complex as clinical facts and methodological and epistemological resources call for it. Inhibitions, Symptoms and Anxiety is the irrefutable proof of this affirmation.
- Author BiographySamuel Arbiser, MD, is a Full Member, with didactic role, of the Buenos Aires Psychoanalytic Association (ApdeBA), a Lecturer at the ApdeBA Mental Health University Institute (IUSAM), Member of the International Psychoanalytical Association Publications Committee, and author of various articles in Spanish, English, French, Italian, German and Portuguese. Jorge Schneider, MD, received his medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Department of Medicine. He took his psychiatric and psychoanalytic training in Chicago, Illinois, USA. He is presently a Training and Supervisory Analyst at the Institute for Psychoanalysis, Chicago and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Northwestern University Medical School. He is the Former Dean of the Institute for Psychoanalysis, Chicago; Past President of the Chicago Psychoanalytic Society and Past President of the Chicago Society for Adolescent Psychiatry.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe International Psychoanalytical Association Contemporary Freud: Turning Points and Critical Issues Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight454 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJorge Schneider,Samuel Arbiser
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.