All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike his other papers on technique, Freud's 1913 essay On beginning the treatment had an enduring influence on psychoanalysts for generations to come, providing them with a solid and worldwide-accepted conceptual basis on how to initiate psychoanalytic treatments. After a century of clinical experience and theoretical research, are all of Freud's rules and advice still valid today?Christian Seulin and Gennaro Saragna have asked ten eminent analysts to comment upon this seminal paper of Freud's, each of them focusing on one of the fundamental issues originally propounded by the father of psychoanalysis . The result is an overall and careful view on the actuality of the technical bases of analysis, in what can be considered a good introduction to contemporary psychoanalytic theory and practice.
- Author BiographyChristian Seulin is Training and Supervising Analyst of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society (SPP), member of the International Psychoanalytical Association. He is former Secretary of the Training Committee of the Lyon's Institute of the SPP and former Secretary of the Executive Council of the Training Commission of the SPP. Living and practising in Lyon, he is currently President of the Lyon's group of the SPP. He authored more than fifty articles and book's chapters and one book. Gennaro Saragnano, MD, is a member and former Secretary of the Italian Psychoanalytical Association and psychiatrist and psychoanalyst in private practice in Rome. He was the Editor of the Bulletin of the Italian Psychoanalytical Association from 2000 to 2007. He served the International Psychoanalytical Association as a member of the Website Editorial Board from 2005 to 2009, and he has been a member of the Publications Committee of the International Psychoanalytical Association since 2009. He was appointed Chair of the Publications Committee during the Mexico City IPA Congress in August 2011.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe International Psychoanalytical Association Contemporary Freud: Turning Points and Critical Issues Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight358 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChristian Seulin,Gennaro Saragnano
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.