All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a 'travel companion' for those who want to make a personal retreat in the Christian tradition, either at home or away, alone or with others. Part 1 encourages us to listen to the Spirit, to pay attention to inner restlessness and to tice our need to 'get away'. It outlines the different types of retreats that may best suit different individual personalities and circumstances and offers essential 'tips for the trip': * introducing contemplation * praying with Scripture * ticing God in the everyday * resisting 'busyness' * recording the journey - i.e. prayer journal Part 2 provides a varied and imaginative range of guided spiritual exercises for your time on retreat and offers support for the unexpected things that may emerge. Part 3 helps you readjust to 'rmal life' after the retreat and to explore the question 'where next?'
- Author BiographySUE PICKERING is an experienced retreat guide and spiritual director. She is a Canon of New Plymouth Cathedral, New Zealand, and chaplain to a retirement community.
- Author(s)Sue Pickering
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.