All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Eula Biss became a mother, she stepped into a new world of fear- fear of the government, the medical establishment, the contents of her child's air, food, mattress - and vaccines. In this bold, fascinating book, Biss investigates the metaphors and myths surrounding our conception of immunity, and its implications for the individual and the social body. Weaving her personal experiences with an exploration of classical and contemporary literature, Biss considers what vaccines, and the debate around them, mean for her own child, her immediate community and the wider world. On Immunity is an iculation against our fear and a moving account of how we are all interconnected - our bodies and our fates.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesShortlisted for National Book Critics Circle Awards 2014.
- Author(s)Eula Biss
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight244 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.