All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent experimental systems in industry, government, and the military take advantage of kwledge-based processing. For example, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and the United States Geological Survey (USGS) are supporting the develop- ment of information systems that contain diverse, vast, and growing repositories of data (e.g., vast databases storing geographic informa- tion). These systems require powerful reasoning capabilities and pro- cessing such as data processing, communications, and multidisciplinary of such systems will scientific analysis. The number and importance grow significantly in the near future. Many of these systems are severely limited by current kwledge base and database systems techlogy. Currently, kwledge-based system techlogy lacks the means to provide efficient and robust kwledge bases, while database system techlogy lacks kwledge representation and reasoning capabilities. The time has come to face the complex research problems that must be solved before we can design and implement real, large scale software systems that depend on kwledge-based processing. To date there has been little research directed at integrating kwledge base and database techlogies. It is w imperative that such coordinated research be initiated and that it respond to the urgent need for a tech- logy that will enable operational large-scale kwledge-based system applications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleTopics in Information Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1032 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJohn Mylopoulos,Michael L. Brodie
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.