All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs there a corner of your block that you love to explore? A room in your house that holds a special memory? A piece of your home country that you particularly miss? A faraway place you've only heard about from an elder family member that excites your imagination? Children's Book Press asked fifteen gifted fine artists to portray, in words and pictures, the places and spaces most special to them, and On My Block is the remarkable result.The places these visual artists have chosen to represent are moving, funny, and unexpected. Readers will soar from the rooftops of South Brooklyn to the adobe-colored desert of Taos Pueblo, from a basement in San Francisco's Japantown to a Mississippi Gulf Coast porch. A garden in Mexico overflows with blossoms while ather in Tehran hums with the purring of thirty-two cats, and an empty lot in a bustling Havana neighborhood is transformed into a country farm.On My Block is a celebration of community, an homage to neighborhoods across the world, and an exploration of past and present. The fifteen gorgeous paintings and stories ask you to ponder the places that comprise your world. What's on your block, down your street, in ather country, that makes up who you are?
- PublisherChildren's Book Press (CA)
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChildren's Book Press (CA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width218 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byDana Goldberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.