All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this follow-up to his highly acclaimed book, Wild Animals in Captivity, biologist and activist Rob Laidlaw focuses our attention on the living conditions and treatment of animals that are captured, bred, trained, and kept for the purposes of human entertainment. He has travelled the world and documented abuses of animals in a variety of situations from roadside snake charmers in India, to dancing bears in China, to the racetracks and movie studios of North America.
- Author BiographyRob Laidlaw has spent nearly 30 years campaigning to protect animals in captivity and in the wild. His work has taken him from northern Canada to tropical Asia and includes more than one thousand visits to zoos and other locations where animals are kept and trained for entertainment purposes. A chartered biologist, avid outdoorsman and cave explorer, he is a founder of the wildlife protection organization Zoocheck Canada.
- Author(s)Rob Laidlaw
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication04/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width213 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.