All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlfred Schutz (1899-1959) stood simultaneously in the camps of philosophy and sociology, and his writings constitute the framework of a sociology based on phemelogical considerations. Schutz's basic contributions issue from a critical synthesis of Husserl's phemelogy and Weber's sociology of understanding. He proceeds on the basis of the irreducible souce of all human kwledge in the immediate experiences of the conscious, alert, and active individual. In this volume Helmut Wagner has selected and skillfully correlated various passages both from Schutz's book The Phemelogy of the Social World and from his scattered papers and essays.
- Author BiographyHelmut R. Wagner (1904-89) was a professor emeritus of Sociology at Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
- Author(s)Alfred Schutz
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1972
- Series TitleHeritage of Society S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Volume editorHelmut R. Wagner
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.