All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionT. S. Eliot was t only one of the greatest poets of the twentieth century--he was also one of the most acute writers on his craft. In On Poetry and Poets, which was first published in 1957, Eliot explores the different forms and purposes of poetry in essays such as The Three Voices of Poetry, Poetry and Drama, and What Is Mir Poetry? as well as the works of individual poets, including Virgil, Milton, Byron, Goethe, and Yeats. As he writes in The Music of Poetry, We must expect a time to come when poetry will have again to be recalled to speech. The same problems arise, and always in new forms; and poetry has always before it . . . an 'endless adventure.'
- Author BiographyT. S. Eliot (1888-1965) received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1948.
- Author(s)Professor T S Eliot
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication07/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.