All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionParaconsistent logic is a theory of reasoning in philosophy that studies inconsistent data. The discipline has several different schools of thought, including preservationism, which responds to the problems that arise when human beings continue to reason when faced with inconsistent data. On Preserving is the first complete account of the Preservationist School, which developed in Canada out of the early work of Raymond Jennings, Peter Schotch, and their students. Assembling the previously scattered works of the Preservationist School, this collection contains all of the most significant works on the basic theory of the preservationist approach to paraconsistent logic. With essays both written and rewritten specifically for this volume, the contributors cover topics that include the motivation for the preservationist approach, as well as more technical results of their research. Concise and unified, On Preserving is the ideal introduction to a distinct philosophical field.
- Author BiographyPeter Schotch is a professor in the Department of Philosphy at Dalhousie University. Bryson Brown is a professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Lethbridge. Raymond Jennings is a professor in the Department of Philosphy at Simon Fraser University.
- Author(s)Bryson Brown,Peter Schotch,Raymond Jennings
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2009
- Series TitleToronto Studies in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight460 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBryson Brown,Peter Schotch,Raymond Jennings
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.