All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife is an ocean and love is a boat, In troubled waters that keeps us afloat ...This lively collection uncovers for the first time how the best Irish love songs came to be. This is for anyone who ever wondered who the 'Galway Girl' was, or if there was a real-life 'Nancy Spain'. Learn the often surprising, sometimes bittersweet, but always absorbing stories of the real women who inspired some of the world's finest love songs.
- Author BiographyGerard Hanberry is a prizewinning poet, biographer, musician and teacher. Widely published in Ireland and abroad, he is included in Penguin's anthology Windharp: Poems of Ireland, 1916-2016. He gives regular talks and readings around the country.
- Author(s)Gerard Hanberry
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Weight461 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.