All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
About this product
- DescriptionOn Record provides descriptive accounts of record-keeping in a variety of important organizations: schools and universities; consumer credit agencies, general business organizations, and life insurance companies; military and security agencies; the Census Bureau and the Social Security Administration; public welfare agencies, juvenile courts, and mental hospitals. It also examines the legal status of records. The authors address questions such as: Who determines what records are kept? Who has access to the records? To what extent do the records follow an individual? What are some of the dangers and pitfalls in record-keeping? Throughout the volume, the authors show a concern for an appropriate balance between the need for information about people and protection against undue invasions of privacy. The introduction of electronic databases since the original publication of this book makes the issues raised in this seminal collection even more timely.
- Author BiographyStanton Wheeler (1930-2007) was Ford Foundation Professor Emeritus of Law and the Social Sciences and professorial lecturer in law at Yale Law School, USA. He was widely recognized for his leadership in integrating law and social science and was best known for his work in the fields of white-collar crimes and prison systems. He authored ten books including Social Science in the Making, Sitting in Judgment, and Crimes of the Middle Classes.
- Author(s)Stanton Wheeler
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/1976
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/07/2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.