All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of In the Time of the Butterflies and The Kite Runner, a tender, evocative vel about the years leading up to the Sri Lankan civil war* A Library Journal Best Indie Fiction of 2013 * A Largehearted Boy Best Book of the Year *On the day the Herath family moves in, Sal Mal Lane is still a quiet street, disturbed only by the cries of the children whose triumphs and tragedies sustain the families that live there. As the neighbors adapt to the newcomers in different ways, the children fill their days with cricket matches, romantic crushes, and small rivalries. But the tremors of civil war are mounting, and the conflict threatens to engulf them all. In a heartrending vel poised between the past and the future, the incence of the children a beloved sister and her overprotective siblings, a rejected son and his twin sisters, two very different brothers contrasts sharply with the petty prejudices of the adults charged with their care. In Ru Freeman's masterful hands, On Sal Mal Lane, a story of what was lost to a country and her people, becomes a resounding cry for reconciliation.
- Author BiographyRu Freeman is the author of A Disobedient Girl. She is an activist and journalist whose work appears internationally. She calls both Sri Lanka and America home.
- Author(s)Ru Freeman
- PublisherGraywolf Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press
- Weight721 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.