All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume collects together core papers by Richard K. Larson developing what has since come to be kwn as the VP Shell or Split VP analysis of sentential structure. The volume includes five previously published papers together with two major unpublished works from the same period: Light Predicate Raising (1989), which explores the interesting consequences of a leftward raising analysis of NP Shift phemena, and The Projection of DP (and DegP) (1991), which extends the shell approach to the projection of minal and adjectival structure, showing how projection can be handled in a uniform way. In addition to published, unpublished and limited distribution work, the volume includes extensive new introductory material. The general introduction traces the conceptual roots of VP Shells and its problems in the face of subsequent developments in theory, and offers an updated form compatible with modern Minimalist syntactic analysis. The section introductions to the material on datives, complex predicates and minals show how the updated form of shell theory applies in the empirical domains where it was originally developed.
- Author BiographyRichard K. Larson is Professor of Linguistics at Stony Brook University, US.
- Author(s)Richard K. Larson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- Series TitleRoutledge Leading Linguists
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.