All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionAn intensely meditative exploration that examines the African American position in the United States, this philosophical collection of poems offers insight into the personal, social, cultural, and racial networks that help to create identity. Brilliantly braced with theory to augment the poetry, these tours through our human need to speak--to understand, confront the politics of speech and the issues of misunderstanding in regards to the African American diaspora in the United States. Revealing that every act of communication is speculation, these lyrical observations explain how perception is distorted by individual background and conditioning. An eye-opening venture that illuminates the human mind and the struggle faced when trying to communicate what one sees and what one believes.
- Author BiographyTYRONE WILLIAMS' first book of poetry, titled C.C., was published by Krupskaya in 2002. His poetry chapbooks include Musique Noir (Overhere Press 2006), AAB (Slack Buddha), and Futures, Elections (Dos Madres Press 2004). His poems have been published in magazines, including Chicago Review, Denver Quarterly, The Kenyon Review, Caliban, Colorado Review, and Xcp. And his poems have been anthologized in anthologies, including Rainbow Darkness: An Anthology of African American Poetry (Miame University Press 2005) and Great American Prose Poems: From Poe to the Present (Scribner 2003). He received his Doctorate of English from Wayne State University. He teaches at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. He was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan.
- Author(s)Tyrone Williams
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.