All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been many books written about valour in battle. This is t one of them. On the contrary, On the Run deals entirely with those men and women who have departed from life in the armed forces. For as long as there have been wars there have been those who have fled from the cann's roar. In this fascinating and unique history of deserters and desertion, Graeme Kent scours the annals of warfare to find those who, for a multitude of often complex reasons, have gone absent without leave. Among their number are poets and pugilists, thieves and thugs, lovers and lunatics, princes and politicians, comedians and conspirators, film stars and fanatics, and even a pope, all brought together by the simple fact that at one time or ather they went on the run. Covering thousands of years and spanning the globe, this compelling book presents an extraordinary anecdotal history of perhaps the most controversial and emotive subject in war.
- Author BiographyGraeme Kent is a prolific author published in more than twenty different countries. His books include The Strongest Men on Earth, The Great White Hopes (shortlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year) and Olympic Follies, which was nominated by The Independent as one of its sports books of the year. He has written for stage and screen, as well as for radio and many national newspapers and magazines. He served with the army in Korea, worked as a BBC producer and a consultant to Yorkshire Television, and was the headmaster of a primary school. For eight years he ran an educational broadcasting service in the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific. He has two grown-up children and lives with his wife Janet in Lincolnshire.
- Author(s)Graeme Kent
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.