All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is about people, t texts - a translator ethics seeks to embrace the intercultural identity of the translatory subject, in its full array of possible actions. Based on seminars originally given at the College International de Philosophie in Paris, this translation from French has been fully revised by the author and extended to include critical commentaries on activist translation theory, n-professional translation, interventionist practices, and the impact of new translation techlogies. The result takes the traditional discussion of ethics into the way mediators can actively create cooperation between cultures, while at the same time addressing very practical questions such as when one should translate or t translate, how much translators should charge, or whose side they should be on. On Translator Ethics offers a point of reference for the key debates in contemporary Translation Studies.
- Author(s)Anthony Pym
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- Series TitleBenjamins Translation Library
- Series Part/Volume Number104
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight510 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.