All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI was t aware that I was crying until I saw the tears hit my shoes. Even with all the lights at the airport, the night outside looked dark and the air seemed thick. I wiped my eyes and tried to figure out what I could do. I was alone in a foreign land at the age of nine, and I did t speak the language. I was, quite simply, terrified... Close to his tenth birthday, Abbas has to leave his parents and friends to escape Tehran. The Iran-Iraq War is at its bloodiest. The ayatollahs, the rulers of Iran, have reduced the age of recruitment into the army. If Abbas doesn't leave soon, he will have to go to war. In the strange and often frightening city of Istanbul, Abbas has to grow up fast. Living alone for twelve weeks in a rundown hotel, he has to learn to live by his wits, and watch his back. Will he ever get his dream visa to England? This page-turning story about the courage of one small boy, based on true events, is as gripping as any vel.
- Author BiographyAbbas Kazerooni is a lawyer in California, USA. He is also a professional actor, writer and producer. Shows he has acted in include Sleuth on the London stage (lead role); the BBC's The Land of the Green Ginger (lead role); HBO's The Hamburg Cell; and the independent feature film Universal Senses. On Two Feet and Wings is his first book.
- Author(s)Abbas Kazerooni
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleAbbas Kazerooni Memoirs
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Weight234 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.