Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionHailed as a crucial study of J.H. Prynne's poetry, Violence in the Work of J.H. Prynne provides an accessible and comprehensive analysis of one of the world's leading figures of contemporary poetry. This indispensable resource analyses the nexus between Prynne's evolving political thought and his linguistic invation over a period of three decades. Never hesitant before the difficulty of Prynne's poetry, Hall provides an acute and skilfully articulated argument which illuminates the complexity of Prynne's most challenging volumes. In reinventing the methodologies by which contemporary poetry can be read, Hall synthesizes earlier critical work, providing a crucial pathway into Prynne's work-full of new insights, new inventions, and new critical understandings.
- Author BiographyMatthew Hall recently completed a PhD at the University of Western Australia. He has published extensively on the work of J.H. Prynne and British late-modern poetry and poetics. Hall is the author of numerous books of poetry, and is the long-standing feature editor of Cordite Poetry Review. He presently lives and teaches in Melbourne, Australia, where he is working on a monograph on the Indigenous poet Lionel Fogarty.
- Author(s)Matthew Hall
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.