All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with beautiful colour photos throughout, On Wings of Diesel takes us on a journey through the fascinating world of Pakistani truck decoration. Ornately adorned and considered as moving artA , these trucks - veritable roving exhibitions - depict all aspects of life and support a highly developed artisanal industry. Examining designs and motifs, the cultural significance of the practice, and the motivations of truck owners, Jamal J. Elias provides a unique window on Pakistan's complex society that addresses questions of culture and religion in an accessible and exciting way.
- Author BiographyJamal J. Elias is Professor of Islamic Studies and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, University of Pennsylvania, and the author of Key Themes for the Study of Islam (Onewolrd 2010). The world's foremost expert on Pakistani truck art, Elias is also a photographer who has held a number of solo and group exhibitions in the US.
- Author(s)Jamal J. Elias
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Out-of-print date03/04/2016
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight998 g
- Width193 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.