Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Otto Kerchner dreams of escaping his father's Wisconsin dairy farm and becoming a flier like his hero Charles Lindbergh. When a small airport is built on an adjoining property, Otto trades odd jobs for flight lessons and becomes a pilot at 16. When World War II breaks out, he enlists in the Army Air Corps and finds himself a year later high over Germany at the controls of a B-17. Otto and his crew fly 23 missions untouched, but then his world shatters, and he must draw on reserves of faith and courage he never imagined. On Wings of the Morning brings to life the ordinary men and women of the Greatest Generation who, stirred by fate and fortune, accomplished extraordinary things. Faithful in its depiction of events and evocative across a spectrum of emotions, this gentle but incisive tale will engage, inform and move readers of all ages.
- Author BiographyFirst-time novelist and long-time Northern Virginia resident Dan Verner retired in 2003 from a 32-year career teaching English and creative writing to high school students, and writing, human relations and computer skills to adults. Since that time, he has scored essays for the College Board, contributed columns and articles to local papers, and managed Free Lance Writing, his writing, editing, and consulting business. Dan has authored over 1000 short essays and devotionals on a variety of subjects, and maintains three blogs. On Wings of the Morning resulted from a life-long interest in aviation and in World War II, particularly the air war in the European Theater of Operations. When not writing or editing, Dan enjoys reading a wide range of subjects and genres. He listens to and sings music ranging from the blues to choral works to folk songs. He plays guitar, mandolin, banjo, electric bass and hand bells and teaches an adult Bible study class. Dan and his wife Becky live in an empty nest with their cats Nacho and Tuxedo. Amy and Alyssa, their two adult children, believe this book would have been improved by the inclusion of vampires and zombies.
- Author(s)Dan Verner
- PublisherElectio Publishing
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElectio Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.73
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.