All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a Journey is a collection of verse describing a journey through human life. After he's born, his loving father proudly muses on his child's journey through life. Though he kws, he won't be there forever, he wants to make the most of the time they have. The boy grows up to be a fine young lad - engrossed in the mystical world of books and inspired by the surreal lands of fictional literature, he is caught between dreams and reality. When he grows out of his village and terror strikes their fields, his family has to immigrate to promising lands in hope. Though he enjoys his new life, the busy cities are inherently silent. He joins the army, but tired of servitude, his restless mind seeks avenues to enjoy life. Appreciating beauty that surrounds virgin lands, he becomes a wanderer and sets sail to discover himself. Years of wanderlust, and he grows tired of it! With some luck, he owns a wayside inn where he welcomes weary travelers. Business is slow and he longs for company. In one of these years, he gets married and has a baby girl - the joy of his life; but his wife soon leaves him. He brings up his daughter with love and affection. He's often amazed at his daughter's energy and wonders how someone can run without purpose. The years to follow, see a man who has weathered the storms of life. He muses on duality in human nature, the semblance of hourglass grains to traversing worlds after death, challenges stereotypes and inspires free thought, sympathizes with schizophrenics. He realizes that he is coming full circle in the arc of life. The end is near! At dusk, he lies on his death bed - a frail frame, tired of the ravages of time. Putting an end to his restless wait, he breathes his last - in silence before daybreak. Years after he passed on, friends and relatives annually visit his graveyard. Miracles do t exist, but probability says rebirth is possible and we can always hope and wait.
- Author BiographySanjit Bhattacharjee is a Masters in Computer Science and is on the web at www.sanjit.net. Sanjit takes active interest in reasoning, logic and composing verse. Sanjit works for an IT company, and in his spare time - reads books and works on small personal computational projects and theories.
- Author(s)Sanjit Bhattacharjee
- Date of Publication05/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.