Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDo you like small towns, places off the beaten path, trips down memory lane? Ever wonder if old-fashioned values are still alive in America? Then kick back, unwind, and hop onboard with travel writer Bill Graves as he takes you On the Back Roads . Graves has a knack for finding the quirky, the offbeat in some of the most obscure, yet fascinating, small towns on the map. Among the places and faces he discovers: a town where it's against the law t to own a gun, a town famous for its split pea soup, the wise 83-year-old Emmy who camps alone in the dessert, and a man who hunts live ants for a living. The list goes on! Retired and free to roam in his motorhome, the RV Author, Bill Graves, logs 40,000 miles through the western states of California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Oregon and Wyoming.
- Author BiographyBill Graves is the author of the monthly column America's Outback, which appears in Trailer Life Magazine. He has also written articles for numerous newspapers, including The Chicago Tribune, The San Diego Union, and The Long Beach Press-Telegram. When he is not traveling in his motorhome, he lives in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
- PrizesShortlisted for South African Booksellers' Choice Award 2009.
- Author(s)Bill Graves
- PublisherAddicus Books
- Date of Publication22/06/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationOmaha
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddicus Books
- Weight417 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.