All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first comprehensive examination of issues important to nursing from the perspective of Complexity Science. In this groundbreaking volume, scholars and nurse leaders explore key Complexity Science principles and the profound implications they hold for clinical practice, leadership, nursing theory development, research, policy making, and understanding human physiology. Nursing students, practicing nurses, nurse educators, leaders, researchers, and other healthcare professionals will find great value in the fresh insights Complexity Science brings to challenges facing nursing today. Changes in the practice of nursing, emerging new roles, as well as heightened emphasis on healthcare quality present both risk and opportunity. Nurses who understand the emerging science of complexity will be better prepared to creatively face these issues and improve health in broad and lasting new ways. For volume discounts contact info@plexusinstitute or call 609-298-2140.
- Author BiographyClaire Lindberg, PhD, RN, is professor of nursing at The College of New Jersey, School of Nursing, Exercise and Health Science where she was responsible for integrating Complexity Science into the graduate nursing curriculum. Dr. Lindberg teaches courses in family nursing, evidence-based practice, and primary care and integrates Complexity Science principles and learning strategies inspired by Complexity Science into her teaching. Dr. Lindberg is a family nurse practitioner with specialties in adolescent medicine and women's health. Her scholarly interests include Complexity Science, health promotion, and HIV/AIDS prevention and care. Sue Nash, EdD, MSN, RN, CFLE, is program coordinator of Augsburg College Department of Nursing, Rochester branch. Her primary practice has focused on facilitation of young families in a variety of community health settings. She has had 30 years of experience teaching both at the community and college level. Dr. Nash teaches family nursing at the graduate and undergraduate level and participates in clinical immersion experiences in Guatemala, Mexico, England, and the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Curt Lindberg, DMan, is director, Partnership for Complex Systems and Healthcare Innovation at Billings Clinic and principal of Complexity Partners. Dr. Lindberg has devoted a significant portion of his professional life to bringing Complexity Science insights and complexity-informed practices to the fields of management and healthcare. He has accomplished this through his writing, speaking and by connecting complexity scientists, organizational and healthcare practitioners. He co-authored the first book devoted to complexity and healthcare: Edgeware: Insights from Complexity Science for Health Care Leaders. He holds a doctoral degree in complexity and organizational change from the University of Hertfordshire where he studied under Ralph Stacey.
- Author(s)Claire Lindberg,Curt Lindberg,Sue Nash
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.