All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A highly recommended work.' Military Illustrated 'As compelling and absorbing an account of the fighting that I have ever read.' The Journal of The Royal Artillery This spirited history of the 1815 campaign provides a new and stimulating account of the epic confrontation at Waterloo and, in addition, acts as a reliable guide to the battlefield and all related sites. The authors have divided the battlefield of Waterloo into three distinct sectors: one for each of the three armies involved. This allows the reader to follow the fighting from three different perspectives and gain an objective understanding of the dramatic course of the battle. The authors also make use of vivid eyewitness testimony, drawn from participants in all three armies, and this brings to life the epic battle and provides a dramatic backcloth to the rapid course of events. Previously unpublished letters from British officers, the recollections of a Dutch-Belgian staff officer and the memoirs of a French colonel of cuirassiers all contribute to an understanding of just what it was like to fight in one of Europe's most crucial confrontations. In addition to covering Waterloo itself, this important book also examines the tense situation in Brussels as the French drew near, the aftermath of the battle, the battle at Wavre, the Prussian pursuit and Marshal Grouchy's stubborn defence of Namur.
- Author BiographyANDREW UFFINDELL is author of The Eagle's Last Triumph: Napoleon's Victory at Ligny, June 1815; Waterloo Commanders: Napoleon, Wellington and Blucher; Napoleon 1814: The Defence of France; Great Generals of the Napoleonic Wars and Their Battles 1805-1815; The National Army Museum Book of Wellington's Armies: Britain's Triumphant Campaigns in the Peninsula and at Waterloo 1808-1815. MICHAEL CORUM is a military historian living in Canada and the author of the Waterloo Guide in the Battleground Napoleonic series.
- Author(s)Andrew Uffindell,Michael Corum
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note16 pages of b/w plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.