On the Front Line: The Collected Journalism of Marie Colvin by Marie Colvin (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVeteran Sunday Times war correspondent, Marie Colvin was killed in February 2012 when covering the uprising in Syria. Winner of the Orwell Special Prize 'On the Front Line' is a collection of her finest work, a portion of the proceeds from which will go to the Marie Colvin Memorial Fund...Marie Colvin held a profound belief in the pursuit of truth, and the courage and humanity of her work was deeply admired. On the Front Line includes her various interviews with Yasser Arafat and Colonel Gadaffi; reports from East Timor in 1999 where she shamed the UN into protecting its refugees; accounts of her terrifying escape from the Russian army in Chechnya; and reports from the strongholds of the Sri Lankan Tamil Tigers where she was hit by shrapnel, leaving her blind in one eye. Typically, however, her new eye-patch only reinforced Colvin's sense of humour and selfless conviction. She returned quickly to the front line, reporting on 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, Gaza and, lately, the Arab Spring. Immediate and compelling, On the Front Line is a street-view of the historic events that have shaped the last 25 years, from an award-winning foreign correspondent and the outstanding journalist of her generation.
- Author BiographyBorn in America, Marie Colvin (1956 - February 22, 2012) was an award-winning foreign affairs correspondent for the Sunday Times. An outstanding journalist of her generation, she covered the Middle East for more than 20 years and reported from East Timor, Chechnya, Kosovo and Sri Lanka where she was wounded in an ambush and lost her left eye. She was killed while covering the Siege of Homs in Syria on the 22nd of February 2012.
- Author(s)Marie Colvin
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.