All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the New looks at the ecomies of exchange and valuation that drive modern culture's key sites: the intellectual marketplace and the archive. As ideas move from one context to ather, newness is created. This continuous shifting of the line that separates the valuable from the worthless, culture from profanity, is at the center of Boris Groys's investigation which aims to map the uncharted territory of what constitutes artistic invation and what processes underpin its recognition and appropriation.
- Author BiographyBoris Groys is one of the most influential voices in contemporary cultural criticism. He is a philosopher, essayist, art critic, media theorist, and an internationally acclaimed expert on late-Soviet postmodern art and literature. His writing engages the wildly disparate traditions of French post-structuralism and modern Russian philosophy.
- Author(s)Boris Groys
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight259 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.