Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough much has been written on how the drama elements of the English curriculum might be taught in schools, there is less guidance available for teachers who regard drama t as an adjunct of English but as an arts subject in its own right. In this volume, David Hornbrook and a team of experienced drama specialists show how the subject of drama may be defined and taught. Drawing on literature, visual art, music and dance as well as the rich and varied traditions of drama itself, they map out an eclectic subject curriculum for students of all ages. Opening up the field in new and exciting ways, the book embraces the widest possible range of dramatic kwledge and skills, from the Natyashastra of ancient India to contemporary classroom improvisation. The book is divided into three sections: The teaching and learning of drama: ideas about interculturalism, creativity and craft - key concepts informing the drama curriculum - are interrogated and re-theorised for the classroom. Making and performing drama in school: the fundamental processes of reading and writing plays for performance are explored, along with the potential of dance to enhance and extend students' experience of dramatic performance. Watching and understanding drama: ensuring the curriculum is appropriately balanced between the production and reception of drama, this last section emphasises the role of students as audience - for both live and electronic performances - and the development of a dramatic vocabulary.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDavid Hornbrook,Stephen Daldry
- Foreword byStephen Daldry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.