Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wonderful collection of miscellany and minutia, trivia-phile David Gentle brings together the most tantalizing brain-twisting questions that-- honestly, really-- are just on the tip of your tongue. Perfect for families, friends, rivals - or even to read on your own, On the Tip of My Tongue asks readers to recall as many items as possible from a list, and to solve the hidden links between groups of questions. In between quizzes, Gentle also provides readers with fascinating anecdotes, scholarly commentary and curiously fun facts about each entry. For instance: 1.) The first use of the term dictator was to describe a temporary executive of the Roman Republic, invested with absolute power during emergencies; 2.) George Orwell's real name is Eric Arthur Blair;3.) Stan is the Persian word for country; 4.) The most popular currency in the world is the U.S. dollar, with an esitmated $700 billion in circulation; 5.) The concept of Seven Deadly Sins is t mentioned in the bible; Pope Gregory the Great came up with the idea in the sixth century AD. As enlightening as it is entertaining, On the Tip of My Tongue is the perfect holiday gift for the discerning intellects in your life.
- Author BiographyDavid Gentle is a self-confessed factaholic, who, since losing to his sister in a trivia contest on a childhood car trip, vowed to one day write this book. David splits his time between composing quizzes and consulting for the computer industry. He lives in Wandsworth, England with his oft-tested wife and young son.
- Author(s)David Gentle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Weight417 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.