All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the Track offers a comprehensive guide to scoring for film and television. Covering all styles and genres, the authors, both ted film composers, cover everything from the nuts-and-bolts of timing, cuing, and recording through balancing the composer's aesthetic vision with the needs of the film itself. Unlike other books that are aimed at the person dreaming of a career, this is truly a guide that can be used by everyone from students to technically sophisticated professionals. It contains over 100 interviews with ted composers, illustrating the many technical points made through the text.
- Author BiographyFred Karlin won an Oscar for Best Song for For All We Know. an Emmy for his score for The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman,and numerous other industry awards. He is the author of Listening to Movies (1994). The late Rayburn Wright created the Jazz Studies and Contemporary Media Masters Program at the Eastman School of Music of the University ofRochester and erved as director and professor of the department from 1970 until his death in 1990.
- Author(s)Fred Karlin,Rayburn Wright
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.