All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the mid-seventies, Guido van der Groen and his colleagues at the Institute for Tropical Medicine in Antwerp discovered the deadly virus Ebola. Forty years later, the virus breaks out again in West-Africa. Why is this virus seemingly unstoppable? Could the epidemic have been prevented? Do we have to fear an unprecedented pandemic? To answer these questions, Guido van der Groen, an internationally rewned virus fighter, goes back to where it all began. As a virus fighter, he dedicated the rest of his career to the study of Ebola, HIV and other viruses. Van der Groen puts this unprecedented manifestation of Ebola into an international health management perspective, lifting his book on the geopolitical shelf as well. The result is an exciting read, which makes critical observations about the present pandemic psychoses and which urges authorities to invest in durable solutions.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Guido van der Groen is emeritus professor in Virology and former head of the department of Microbiology at the Institute for Tropical Medicine in Antwerp.
- Author(s)Guido van der Groen
- Date of Publication24/08/2016
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationTielt
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.