All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard III is probably the York family's best-kwn member, but the other members of the House of York are equally as intriguing as the king who fell on Bosworth Field. From his father, the Duke of York, whose ancestry included a claim to the throne that would eventually topple a king; his older brother Edward IV, a warrior cast in the mould of a true Plantagenet; to the resilient Yorkist queen Elizabeth Woodville and her daughter Elizabeth of York, the latter of whom would eventually unite the family with their longstanding rivals, the Lancastrains, and become the mother of the most infamous dynasty in English history, the Tudors. This book explores the places associated with members of this fascinating family and discovers their stories through the locations they visited. Peer into the lives of the Yorks by exploring the cathedrals, castles, battlefields and mar houses that shaped their history. Including locations such as Fotheringhay, Baynard's Castle, Durham Cathedral and the Palace of Westminster, among many others, this book brings each site to life, giving a grasping account of its history as well as accurate tourist information. For the armchair traveller, extensive descriptions and an array of illustrations and photographs will take you on a journey through these poignant and sometimes controversial locations, immersing you in the ancient and intriguing world of the Yorks.
- Author BiographyKristie Dean has been published widely in magazines and newspapers, as well as being involved in the International Congress on Medieval Studies. After completing her MA in History with high honours she began to teach and was the recipient of the Outstanding Teacher of the Year award for her district. She lives in Tennessee.
- Author(s)Kristie Dean
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note60
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.