All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the True Sense of Art collects essays by philosophers responding to John Sallis's Transfigurements: On the True Sense of Art as well as his other works on the philosophy of art, including Force of Imagination and Logic of Imagination. Each of the chapters, by some of the leading thinkers in Continental philosophy, engages Sallis's work on both ancient and new senses of aesthetics-a transfiguration of aesthetics-as a beginning that is always beginning again. With a responsive essay by Sallis himself, On the True Sense of Art forms a critical introduction to the thought of this generation's most important aesthetician.
- Author BiographyDavid Jones is a professor of philosophy at Kennesaw State University, USA. Jason M. Wirth is a professor of philosophy at Seattle University, USA. Michael Schwartz is professor of art history at Georgia Regents University, USA.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- Series TitleComparative and Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Note6 images in gallery
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Jones,Jason M. Wirth,Michael Schwartz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.