All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the Turnpike traces the origin and history of the Indian Ecomic Service and in the process provides fascinating glimpses into how ecomic policy in India was shaped, the drama behind the various Budgets, and the thinking and compulsions that led to key decisions being made. It also captures the personalities of the key players who shaped these policies. The book describes the circumstances under which the Cadre for advising and shaping ecomic policy under the Ministry of Finance was born, the contributions it has made, the challenges it has faced and the path ahead. Those looking for a quick and comprehensible insights into the wisdom and follies of Indian ecomic policy over the last 60 years will find this book instructive and amusing.
- Author BiographyT. C. A. Srinivasa-Raghavan is a journalist and columnist. He has written extensively on political economy over three decades for papers such as the Financial Express , the Economic Times and the Business Standard/em>. He is currently with the Hindu Business Line . His light style has helped simplify economics for the non-economists and helped bring the subject closer to the reader.
- Author(s)Raghavan Srinivasan
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1152 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.