Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the unexplained is a brand new selection of Arthur Conan Doyle's writings on all things supernatural taken from Edge of the Unkwn. Best kwn for the creation of Sherlock Holmes, Conan Doyle had many more strings to his bow. On the unexplained contains accounts of seances, automatic writing, trips to haunted country houses, passages on his incredible relationship with Houdini and in-depth philosophical analysis of the thinking behind the supernatural recorded by the author. As well as creating one of the most famous and recognisable fictional detectives of our time, Conan Doyle was a political campaigner (most memorably in his defence of the Boer War); he believed in the existence of fairies; he played amateur sleuth, taking up closed cases to prove miscarriage of justice. Perhaps most intriguing of all though was the fact that, following the deaths of a number of his family, Conan Doyle began to take an interest in what was then termed 'spiritualism' (trying to prove the existence of life beyond the grave), he became a member of the pararmal association The Ghost Sense Club and he also joined the British Society of Psychical Research. This latest book in Hesperus's On series is a must have for the Conan Doyle enthusiast or the intrigued reader alike.
- Author BiographySir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 - 1930) was a Scottish doctor and author. Mostly remembered for his famous detective creation Sherlock Holmes, Conan Doyle also wrote widely in most other genes of literature, ranging from science fiction and poetry to nonfiction.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight181 g
- Width125 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.