All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis research considers the efficient numerical solution of linearly constrained mixed variable programming (MVP) problems, inwhich the objective function is a black-box stochastic simulation, function evaluations may be computationally expensive, andderivative information is typically t available. MVP problems are those with a mixture of continuous, integer, and categoricalvariables, the latter of which may take on values only from a predefined list and may even be n-numeric. Mixed VariableGeneralized Pattern Search with Ranking and Selection (MGPS-RS) is the only existing, provably convergent algorithm that can beapplied to this class of problems. Present in this algorithm is an optional framework for constructing and managing less expensivesurrogate functions as a means to reduce the number of true function evaluations that are required to find approximate solutions.In this research, the NOMADm software package, an implementation of pattern search for deterministic MVP problems, is modifiedto incorporate a sequential selection with memory (SSM) ranking and selection procedure for handling stochastic problems. In doingso, the underlying algorithm is modified to make the application of surrogates more efficient. A second class of surrogates based onthe Nadaraya-Watson kernel regression estimator is also added to the software. Preliminary computational testing of the modifiedsoftware is performed to characterize the relative efficiency of selected surrogate functions for mixed variable optimization insimulated systems.
- Author(s)John E Dunlap
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight268 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.