Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most significant philosophical works of the twentieth century, Contributions to Philosophy is also one of the most difficult. Parvis Emad, in this collection of interpretive and critical essays, unravels and clarifies this challenging work with a rare depth and originality. In addition to grappling with other commentaries on Heidegger, he highlights Heidegger's being-historical thinking as thinking that sheds new light on theological, techlogical, and scientific interpretations of reality. At the crux of Emad's interpretation is his elucidation of the issue of the turning in Heidegger's thought and his enactment of Heidegger's thinking. He finds that only when Heidegger's work is enacted is his thinking truly revealed.
- Author BiographyParvis Emad, emeritus professor of philosophy at DePaul University, is coeditor of the journal Heidegger Studies and author of numerous works on Heidegger and phenomenology. In 1999 he translated Heidegger's Contributions to Philosophy (From Enowning) with Kenneth Maly, which received a Choice Magazine award for Outstanding Academic Title. Recently, he has translated Heidegger's Mindfulness with Thomas Kalary.
- Author(s)Parvis Emad
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2007
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.