All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionConcrete Poetry has been growing in many countries, from Brazil to Japan, and especially in England and Europe. Its ancestry goes back to pre-historic picture writing and the anagrams of early Christian monks; it has affinities with the oriental ideogram, and, in our century, with Apollinaire's Calligrammes, the work of Klee and Schwitters, and the experiments in visual form of Cummings, Dylan Thomas, and the Dadaists and Surrealists. Once Again is t so much an anthology, though it includes the work of 54 poets from 10 countries, as a group presentation, designed to be read as a consecutive visual happening. It has been assembled by Jean-Francois Bory, an editor of the Paris magazine Approches and the author of Plein Signe, Height Texts + 1 and other Concrete books. Bory has provided an introduction which traces the history of the movement and analyzes its aesthetic. He also comments on individual poems.
- Author BiographyJean-Francois Bory (1939- ) was born in Paris. He is a prolific writer and artist.
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/02/1968
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Out-of-print date20/08/2004
- Weight140 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJean-Francois Bory
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.