All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Book of Genesis, chapter 6, there is an intriguing mentioning of the time when Sons of God took men's daughters as wives, and there were giants on the Earth. Then all humans and all earthly creatures became corrupt, and the whole land was devastated, and the miserable called for the Lord, for Him to see the evil which was happening on the Earth. All this led to the Flood, which destroyed every living thing, except those in Noah's Ark. A more detailed story about the fallen angels is depicted in the Book of Ech. This book, Once before the Flood, is a poetic legend, partially based on the contents of both, Genesis: 6 and the Book of Ech. It is an artistic attempt to see how the human world once turned into a mess, which only deserved termination.
- Author BiographyOlga Savelyeva was born on January 27, 1980 in Smolensk, a city in the west of Russia. Her family was in teaching, both parents being teachers of History. For that reason and others, Olga also chose the career of a teacher. Her choice was to study and then teach foreign languages. In 2002 she graduated from Smolensk State University with the qualification of a teacher of English and German. Since childhood Olga has enjoyed creative writing. Her main interest was and still is poetry. She attended poetry clubs, successfully took part in writing competitions and festivals of young authors and she wrote and published short poems in some poetry collections in Russia. Once before the Flood is her second book of English verse to be published in the UK and once again she has chosen a period from the Bible. Her first book, Genesis in Verse was a huge task, executed brilliantly and published in 2015. Currently Olga works at Smolensk State University as a lecturer (docent) and Deputy Dean of the Philological Faculty. Her main scientific interest is in civic education and character education. Olga has several published articles devoted to methods of education, civic and moral education and also a book 'Civic Education in Contemporary Schools of the USA'. She is married with two daughters.
- Author(s)Olga Savelyeva
- Publisheri2i Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprinti2i Publishing
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.